Quick Update: Dreamsparkindia changed their FAQ

Sunday, December 21, 2008

After reporting of the issue, I mentioned in previous post, to MSP india team. Dreamsparkindia changed their FAQ, while their site was down for a day. The new point added in FAQ is -

Q: Are authorized DreamSpark partners allowed to charge a fee for distributing DreamSpark DVDs to eligible students in India?

A. Microsoft has made this software available at no charge at www.dreamspark.com. However, authorized DreamSpark partners are allowed to charge a small fee (not more than Rs. 50 per DVD) as a DVD replication and Student verification charge for offline distribution in India. Remember to ask for a receipt.


Actually, I was a bit late in posting the previous post due to my external exams. The whole investigation(so called) was done after a few days of Dreamspark launching in India. This change(FAQ update) was brought to my notice by a mail I received from MSP India team. I had checked their FAQ again and again before reporting the issue. So, I very well know their was no such point. They added the third point in the cost section of FAQ after MSP India Team contacted them.

2 comments:

Saurabh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saurabh said...

Well as for info and you get information its just when you ask that matters! good work mate!